what is involved in forming a company with ata
Nothing could be simpler and it will require five minutes of your time. That’s right. Only five minutes! Even better, you can do it from anywhere because everything is done online, via our website. What could be easier? Just the fact that your company will be formed within approximately 6 hours during regular work hours. But don’t worry, if you don’t have time during the day, you can go through the process any time you want (even during the middle of the night). On the following working day, we’ll get to work and have your company formed before you know it. Once we’ve formed your company, we’ll send you:
- All the necessary limited company documentation
- VAT registration details
- PAYE registration details.
So, what do you need to do? Not much. You’ll just have to provide some information during the registration process. We will need to know things such as:
- Director’s details – we will need your details as you will be holding this position. You will be in control of invoicing and the company’s bank account, and you will also be the one to decide on how much to pay yourself, which will be comprised of a salary as well as dividends;
- Secretary’s details – while a change in legislation from the 6th of April, 2008, stipulates limited companies are no longer required to appoint a company secretary unless it is specifically provided for in the company’s articles of association, you might want to reconsider this aspect. Without a secretary, as the director of the company, you’ll have to handle tasks such as shareholder communication and administration, corporate governance and statutory compliance. But don’t worry because we will advise you on the best option for your particular situation;
- Subscriber / Shareholder details – generally, this will be just you, because this is how you will be getting most of your income since shareholders receive dividends. However, if there are additional shareholders, you will have to provide us with their details.
In regards to the name of your company, we’ve provided a system whereby you can check the availability of your company’s name straight from one of ATA’s web pages, which saves a lot of time. Just click here, check the availability of your company name and get started on forming your limited company online. ATA can also provide advice on your registered offices. You can choose to register your company at your home address or you can opt for a formal business address. But we want to make your life easier and as stress-free as possible, which is why we offer a service whereby we handle all your business mail so you can focus on running your business and making it profitable.
Or, if you still have questions, don’t hesitate to give us a call and we’ll be more than happy to help you. Remember, the sooner you get started, the sooner you’ll be able to get started on building a successful business.