an overseas position

Are you looking for an overseas position but aren’t certain of all the legalities involved in working through a limited company?

Do you want to work abroad but are worried about all the tax implications?

Do you want to save on taxes and increase your retention rate while working abroad but have no idea where to even start?

Do you want to contract through a limited company abroad but aren’t certain of what you have to do?

Don’t worry because Access Tax and Accounting can help you. We can assist you with the international localisation of your company in the following countries:

  • Belgium
  • France
  • Germany
  • Ireland
  • Norway
  • Sweden

Please check back often as this list is constantly expanding. So, what exactly can ATA do for you on an international level?

With ATA as your partner, you won’t have anything to worry about in terms of setting up your limited company to operate in any of the aforementioned countries. Thus, we offer the following services:

Most countries require you to register with the local town hall or municipality once you’ve moved there, whether it’s for work or leisure. Access Tax and Accounting can help you with the registration process thereby ensuring that you are in compliance with local rules and regulations.
Any company sending an employee (secondment) to another country to work has to identify itself and register with the local municipality.Access Tax and Accounting assists you in achieving full compliance by helping with the registration process for your limited company and ensuring it operates in full accordance to local laws.
The A1 certificate is a certificate of continued liability and used to be known as the E101. Once you have an A1 from your own country, you will be able to keep contributing to your current social security system and will be exempt from making contributions to the work country’s social security system. ATA will assist you in obtaining the A1 certificate, if applicable, and you won’t have to worry about social security issues, such as whether or not you are paying in the right country.
Access Tax and Accounting can run your payroll and issue you payslips. We will also handle the reporting of your income to the proper tax authorities in your work country.
Preparing tax returns is hard enough to do at home, let alone in a country where you aren’t familiar with the tax system. But you needn’t worry because Access Tax and Accounting will handle both the preparation as well as the filing of your annual tax returns.
In certain countries, the employer is obligated to withhold foreign tax, such as the wage tax in Norway, on behalf of the employee. In the interest of avoiding double taxation, the UK PAYE system is subject to a provisional relief. To access this relief, you will need an Appendix 5 certificate, which ATA can help you obtain. We will assist you to make sure you are following all the right procedures to make sure you obtain this relieve from HMRC.
If you’ve been paying taxes in your work country, you shouldn’t have to do so at home. But to avoid double taxation, you need to provide HMRC with proof that you paid those taxes abroad. Access Tax and Accounting can help you get the proof you need so you can take a foreign tax credit at home and avoid paying your taxes twice.